Sunday, February 6, 2011

Daily Tablet Practice

Day One
45 minutes on my first painting with the tablet. Just getting used to the tablet and working with a pen instead of a mouse.


Day Two
More practice with light and shadows.
I tried to work with white and black as much as possible on this one while still keeping some color in the picture. Could use some practice on textures as well...



Day Three
I'm trying to work with light as much as I can in these daily paintings.
This one started off as a quick speed paint, but once I got to the lighting, I ended up needing as much time as I could get.


Speed painting. I stopped at 35 minutes. This one was great practice on perspective. Creating it at first took me some time. I guess I just have trouble getting the perspective I have in mind on to the canvas.


Day Four
Playing with light, shadows and perspective. The three things I need the most practice with. I found drawing the light source and the surface's direction to be very helpful with all parts.


1 comment: